Tuesday, March 31, 2015

My First Screen Cast: Self Grading Spelling Tests

This afternoon I was talking with a teacher-friend about all the things we want to teach our students and co-workers to do with Google Chrome and Google Drive.  As I left school, I thought about our conversation and went over my list in my head.  As a teacher, one of my favorite tools is Flubaroo.  Flubaroo is an add-on that can be used with Google Form responses (Google Sheets) to grade assignments.  I decided to create my first "how to" video using Screencastify.  Several of my students have used this extention so I thought I would give it a try.  First of all, I don't like the way my voice sounds so this was a bit out of my comfort zone.  I quickly learned that you have to know exactly what you are going to say and what you need to show.   I fumbled over my words a little and even said punctuation when I meant capitalization.  It's also a good idea to create the video alone.  I had my 8 year old sitting at the table with me.  You will hear me laugh a little because of his facial response when his sample grade was a 60.  Lastly, I will note how proud I am of my students that have created teaching screen casts.  

If you are interested in how to create a self grading spelling test using Google Forms and Flubaroo, watch my video below.  


Please feel free to comment any questions you have below.  

No comments:

Post a Comment