Tuesday, February 3, 2015

So Proud...


American pride, Texas pride, Lion pride, pride in myself...  Pride is something that I experience daily.  It is not always a positive thing (especially when I find myself being self righteous).  Yesterday, I sat through a one day Google Academy.  I found myself being very prideful that I already knew most everything that was being taught.  As I sit in a new class this morning, I once again already have experience with what is being taught.  I took a little time to read some of my student blog posts.  I realized that not only do I have pride in myself, but I am extremely proud of my students.  This pride is a bit different than what I experienced yesterday.  This is a positive type of pride.

I am blessed with students that quickly grab onto my ideas (and sometime experiments) when it comes to how we do things in our class.  For the most part, they get as excited as me.  This year alone, we have tackled Google Drive/Docs, Classroom, and most recently Blogger.  Blogger is where I sit in awe of my students.  Each week I give them a few writing prompts to choose from and they run with it.  Most of them do not enjoy writing, but have really done a great job on their posts.  Don't get me wrong, there are still a few that never submit, and a few more that submit posts that are full of grammatical errors. But, overall....

I am SO PROUD of my LJH GT Google students, especially my Bloggers!



1 comment: